The historic community of Bowmanville may be small, but there is no shortage of fun and educational activities. Bowmanville’s heritage homes are also close to the north shore of Lake Ontario. The community is located 75 km east of Toronto within the city of Clarington. It is an easy commute for visitors from the big city. Whether you are a local or a guest, if you are looking for fun and engaging pastimes, consider Bowmanville. Here are seven things to do in Bowmanville.
1. Tyrone Mills Limited – 1846 Takes Guests Back in Time
The Tyrone Mills Limited – 1846 offers a glimpse into Canadian history and culture. Each season offers a new chance to enjoy the historic mill. In the winter guests savor hot, homemade, apple cider. In the spring visitors observe the lumber mill in action. In the summer, guests love the scenic walks along the dam. In the autumn baked goods and fall festivities are always a favorite. Bring your family soon to enjoy a trip back in time at the Tyrone Mills Limited, open year round.
2. Bowmanville Zoo – a Great Location for Company Picnics, Family Reunions, and School Field Trips
Bowmanville Zoo is a fascinating place for individuals and families to spend the day. It is also a perfect choice for birthday parties, school outings, and corporate team building. Bowmanville Zoo is one of the oldest private zoos in North America. It is home to 37 endangered animals including the alpaca, Siberian tiger, jaguar, pygmy goat, reindeer, wolf and more. Daily animal shows and camel rides will also entertain your group. Make plans soon to visit the Bowmanville Zoo before it closes for the season. The Bowmanville Zoo is open daily from May through August and on weekends September through Thanksgiving Monday.
3. Cedar Park Resort – Water Fun for the Whole Family
From June to September, Cedar Park Resort offers endless fun for families, schools, or any large or small group. Every guest is sure to find an activity to enjoy:
- Pool and Water Park, including water slides, splash pad and aqua playgrounds
- Miniature golf
- Tennis court
- Park playground areas and 30 acres of parkland to hike and bike
- Picnic grounds and covered shelters
- Tent-trailer, trailer, or R.V. camping
4. Observe Birds of Prey at the Ontario Falconry Centre
The Ontario Falconry Centre strives to the educate the public on birds of prey. The Centre is the perfect place to hold a memorable birthday party, scouting outing and school field trip. Visitors at the Centre observe flight and feeding demonstrations and information on birds of prey including falcons, hawks, eagles, owls, and vultures. Make plans today to bring your group to see birds of prey up close and personal. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for event pricing and availability.
5. Museums in Bowmanville
- The Bowmanville Museum is a permanent exhibit. The museum offers four rooms of historical photos and interactive exhibits that tell the story of the settlement of Clarington. Tours are by appointment only.
- The Sarah Jane Williams Heritage Centre, located in the former Bowmanville Library, presents high-quality temporary exhibitions. It also stores documents and artifacts on Clarington’s rich history. The Centre is open Monday through Saturday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., and admission is free.
6. Archibald Orchards & Winery Offers Family Friendly Apple Picking and Adult Friendly Wine Tasting
Archibald Orchards & Winery is on 40 beautiful acres in Bowmanville. The orchard offers wine tasting and tours, hard ciders, baked goods and family friendly apple picking. Pickers can choose from many apple varieties on almost 8000 trees. Make plans soon to visit Archibald while there are still apples on the trees. Apple picking began September 10th. The last chance to pick will be Thanksgiving Monday. Wine tours are by appointment only.
7. Bowmanville Offers Many Wonderful Dining Opportunities
The small community of Bowmanville has many dining choices. Whether you are looking for upscale fine dining, fish and chips, or family friendly, you will find the right restaurant in Bowmanville.
Located in downtown Bowmanville is a Chanterelle Bistro. Chanterelle Bistro is a relaxed, yet sophisticated restaurant with local artists showcasing their artwork in the dining room. Chanterelle Bistro is open Tuesday through Sunday for dinner.
Three-Six Kitchen & Lounge brings fresh taste to the heart of downtown Bowmanville. Three-six Kitchen and Lounge uses local ingredients to create delightful dishes. They also serve draft beers from local micro-breweries. Three-Six Kitchen & Lounge is open Tuesday through Saturday from 11:00 a.m. to close.
For more ideas of things to do in Bowmanville visit Falconcrest Homes.Tags: Bowmanville, Falconcrest Homes, new homes in bowmanville, summervale, things to do in bowmanville